The Grateful Garment Project’s mission is to ensure that every victim of a sexual crime who crosses the threshold of a Sexual Assault Response Team facility or who seeks medical attention and/or law enforcement involvement is provided with whatever new clothing, toiletries, snacks, and other miscellaneous items that he or she may require, to reduce further negative impact against their being. We have further expanded our mission and vision to encompass all victims of sexual violence. This includes, but is not limited to Commercially Sexually Exploited Children and victims of Human Sexual Trafficking.
Our scope is wide but our purpose is narrow: The Vision of TGGP is that no victim of sexual violence in our communities should ever experience further suffering due to a lack of clothing to wear home after he or she receives services from a Sexual Violence Service Provider.
Theory of Change
- Integrity: Acting with moral soundness as good stewards of the resources trusted to us.
- Service: Humbly provide the highest level and be of the greatest use to our clients.
- Dedication: Strive to continually provide to the needs of our clients and beyond.
- Dignity: With absolute resolve we maintain dignity is essential to all human life.
- Resource Closets: Providing emergency resources for victims of sexual violence once they have undergone a forensic examination or have sought Sexual Violence Service Provider services.
- Human Trafficking/CSEC Resources: Provide additional resources (clothing, toiletries, etc.) to safe houses, shelters, and group homes for victims who don’t have a safe place to return.
- Pack-It Forward: Emergency portable packs provided to Law Enforcement/Sexual Violence Service Providers for human trafficking and CSEC victims.
- Youth Gift-Card/Incentive Program: Gift cards provided to encourage youth to attend follow up medical and/or counseling appointments.
- Dress for Dignity: Gift cards provided to our clientsto be used for the purchase of court appropriate clothing for low income and/or foster care survivors; helping to provide dignity and confidence during the court process.
- Beautification Projects: Helping transform service provider atmospheres into settings conducive to healing.